Earlier this year, Summit Disc Golf Promotions launched the Disc Golf in Schools program. We are very excited with how things have progressed since our launch. Our pilot project for the program is all set to launch on April 20th and 21st at Lincoln Elementary School in Corvallis, OR. We have been fundraising and will be presenting Lincoln’s Physical Education program with 9 DGNomad targets as well as up to 50 mid-range and putter golf discs.
- We are incredibly excited to announce that professional disc golfer Zoe AnDyke has been named the Training Director for Disc Golf in Schools. Zoe is not only an accomplished professional, but is a fantastic coach and trainer. Her love and passion for disc golf is infectious and I am so proud to have that passion as well as her expertise in the Disc Golf in Schools program.
- We are currently looking for a disc golf vendor to provide discs for Disc Golf in Schools. For more information on what we’re looking for, visit http://summitdiscgolf.com/request-for-proposal/.
- We will be launching a website specifically for Disc Golf in Schools in the next week to ten days: discgolfinschools.org.
- We will also be launching an IndieGoGo campaign to help fundraise seed money and start-up costs to cover the fees of becoming an official 501c3 non-profit organization.
- Current fundraising: If you’re in the Corvallis/Albany area, I am selling Papa’s Pizza (in Corvallis) coupons as a fundraiser for the Disc Golf in Schools program. For $15, you get a sheet of 9 coupons with over $100 in savings. 100% of the proceeds will go towards the Disc Golf in Schools program so if I sell all 50, that’s $750, which will be enough to outfit another school. Let me know if you’re interested, I’m happy to bring the coupons to you! Thanks!